Project Manager - Mining
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is now seeking applications from experienced Project Managers with operational mining experience to lead and deliver on upcoming new projects within our Open Cut division. We have several opportunities available offering various roster options – both FIFO and residential.
As a Downer Project Manager, you will be accountable for end to end project delivery, managing all contractual requirements whilst ensuring a positive and successful relationship with our client is maintained. You will be a respected leader with an extensive background in operational mining having led large, multi-disciplined workforces.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Lead, coordinate and successfully execute Downer’s scope of works;
- Act as the primary Downer contact for the client providing routine updates and ensuring appropriate levels of communication are maintained between the client and internal Downer management/stakeholders;
- Be responsible for risk and opportunity management and all financial forecasting of project deliverables;
- Effectively co-ordinate the commercial and procurement aspects of the project;
To be considered for this opportunity, we are seeking:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Civil/Mining Engineering preferred);
- Significant tenure in senior roles within the mining industry;
- A fundamental understanding of open cut engineering design, scheduling and planning;
- Strong leadership qualities with experience managing various stakeholders and direct reports within the project;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with a commitment to reach solutions and increase production;
- Effective planning, costing and organizational skills;
- A non-negotiable attitude towards safety best practice and a comprehensive understanding of industry safety standards, systems and legislation;
- And finally, a genuine commitment to creating a positive work environment and the enthusiasm to inspire and motivate your team.
This opportunity offers you the chance to work in a dynamic and professional project environment whilst developing your career within a highly successful ASX listed organisation. At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
For more information, you may contact email@example.com however to be considered, you must submit your application via the ‘Apply Now’ channels – we do not accept resumes via email.
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: