Mine Surveyor - Underground
Permanent Role / Career Development Opportunities / Competitive salary package + superannuation + bonuses
Your new company
Panoramic Resources Limited (ASX:PAN) is a base metal mining and exploration company and owns 100% of the high quality, long life Savannah underground nickel sulphide mine, 1 Mtpa processing plant and a 250 room accommodation facility located in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia.
Panoramic successfully commissioned and operated a FIFO mining operation from 2004 until 2016 before the mine was placed on care and maintenance. Following the discovery of the Savannah North orebody, the mine was recommissioned in 2018 before operations were temporarily suspended in 2020.
Panoramic is now fully funded, well supported by shareholders and has completed an updated Mine Plan for Savannah which has outlined an attractive near-term nickel sulphide mine restart opportunity. Over the past 6 months the company has further de-risked the project by completing a ventilation shaft for the Savannah North deposit, additional underground capital development and ancillary works. A restart of operations is now planned for July 2021 which includes Barminco as the UG mining Contractor and Primero operating and maintaining the Processing Plant.
The Savannah Nickel has a projected mine life of 12 years with a total Resource of 209,800 tonnes nickel, 94,200 tonnes copper and 13,700 tonnes cobalt. The tenement holdings have significant exploration potential and additional programs are planned over the coming years.
Savannah Nickel Mine is now looking to build a technical team to support a successful underground mining operation. This is an opportunity to join a startup operation and play a key role in being part of a high performing culture and be exposed to the impacts of nickel, copper and cobalt on the growing electrification of vehicles and uptake of renewable energy
Your new role
The Mine Surveyor role is offered on a FIFO basis from Perth or Darwin on a 15:13 roster. You will join a newly formed team which means that you will be part of the new era of Savannah making this an excellent opportunity to make your mark and develop your skill sets as the team grows and achieves production targets. The key tasks and responsibilities include;
- As a Mine Surveyor you will manage all survey processes and interactions required to achieve short and medium-term production and development targets.
- Ensure all survey processes provide accurate measurement for mining reconciliation and performance management.
- Ensuring compliance with all mine legislative requirements.
- You will be responsible for your own safety and will engage proactively in all aspects of safety management
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree, Advanced Diploma or equivalent in Mine Surveying.
- Previous experience as a Mine Surveyor or similar role with a preference to underground mining environment.
- Strong accuracy in all areas of your work
- Safety conscious; showing a responsibility for you and your colleagues' safety at work
- Proficient with Leica Total Stations, Geosight Mine I CMS and Trimble GPS equipment
- Experience using Surpac / Deswik software suite
- C class Driver's licence
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol test
What you'll get in return
This permanent Mine Surveyor role is FIFO from Perth or Darwin on a 15:13 roster. You will be accommodated in a well-appointed mine camp which has a gym, swimming pool, WIFI and full Telstra coverage.
- On the job training and development
- Competitive annual salary
- Statutory Superannuation contributions
- Participation in the company annual bonus scheme
- Contribution towards a Health Insurance fund of your choice
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to submit a copy of your CV to the Hays team. Jay Gonzalez will be in contact with you or if you would like an informal discussion please call us on (08) 9254 4550
SA Licence number : LHS 297508
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: