Field Assistant / Camp Manager / Cook – Mining Exploration
Great Camp Conditions
3 and 2 Roster
Your new role will be with an established Australian exploration company who have substantial tenement holdings as well as several major discoveries near Cobar NSW. Depending on your residential location, the role can either be DIDO or FIFO (ex-Sydney). You will be employed primarily to provide support to geologists on site in an exploration environment.
Field Assisant Duties are expected to be roughly two thirds of the role and will include, but are not be limited to:
- Processing (mark-up, photography, cutting and sampling) diamond drillcore
- Chipping and sampling RC drill chips
- Preparing, compiling and dispatching samples
- Data entry
- Assisting with clearing and rehabilitation of drill sites
- Completing stock takes
- Soil sampling programs
- Ground geophysical surveys
are expected to be roughly one thirds of the role and will include, but are not be limited to:
- Dinner preparation for the exploration team usually 6-8 people, but occasionally up to 15
- Cleaning and maintaining a large farmstead home used a a share house.
- Laundry and room cleans between shift change over
- Ordering and collection of supplies - such as a weekly supermarket run to town.
- Only candidates who have Australian work rights and currently reside in NSW will be considered for this role.
- Safe, positive attitude
- Team oriented, self-starter, with good interpersonal skills
- Physically fit, enjoy working outdoors and a willingness to work in remote locations
- Attention to detail, organisation and practical skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Confident & positive communications skills to converse with team and management daily
- Manual drivers license
- A passion for food and cooking delicous meals for the team
- Hospitallity, hotel or similar camp management experience
- Any experience or qualifications in geology or exploration
- Commerical cookery or a previous role as a cook or chef
- Competitive hourly rate
- Ongoing work, with up to 18 months of drilling planned
- Great team environment with 6 to 15 people onsite
Accommodation is in an exploration camp with excellent communal facilities. The centre of the camp is a homestead with additional dongas/accommodation allowing for individual privacy. The homestead has all mod cons with A/C, heating, washing machines, Foxtel, good telstra mobile coverage.
Recruitment Process & Applications.
Please use the apply now button. At least two business days after applying should you have additional questions please free to call
Tony Ambrose on 0488 406 426
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: