Category Specialist - Mining
Stanwell Corporation Limited
Brisbane Grove, NSW
We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users, our customers, throughout Australia. As a company that operates coal-fired power stations, it is Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values - We care, We adapt and We deliver - are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the Position
- Reporting directly to the Procurement Portfolio Team Leader - Mining, this diverse role will work within the Mining Portfolio team with a charter of delivering innovative commercial outcomes within a dynamic energy landscape.
- Managing key supplier relationships to ensure agreed performance is achieved and opportunities for adding value are explored.
- Building strategic partnerships with key stakeholders from the earliest stages of the process to facilitate optimum outcomes for both project and operational needs.
- Actively managing supply market risks and opportunities through effective sourcing and category management techniques.
- Ensuring that internal stakeholders are informed of the value added to the business through supply chain management.
This is a full-time permanent position located at our Brisbane CBD Office, however occasional travel to our Meandu Mine site will be required.
You will have the following experience and knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years’ operational experience in the development and implementation of procurement solutions within the energy, oil & gas, resources or manufacturing industries.
- Proven ability to consult and develop productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to apply commercial acumen and good judgement to effectively formulate and deliver procurement solutions.
- Flexible, adaptive, innovative and capable of multi dimensional problem analysis and solving.
- Degree qualifications in business, commerce, law or equivalent working experience.
- Strong written communication skills, with experience producing documents for an executive audience.
- Proven experience in preparing, issuing, recording and evaluating tender documentation.
- Good level of business, contractual and financial literacy.
- Sound knowledge of government and legal regulations and requirements.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications Close: 5.00pm, 25 June 2021.
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
Please note that it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete and successfully pass pre-employment background screen as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: