Geotechnical Engineers - Tailings & Mine Waste
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Due to continuing strong growth, our South Queensland region is now looking for experienced Geotechnical Engineers – Tailings and Mine Waste to complement our existing Tailing and Mine Waste team. GHD has a significant profile across Australia in tailings management and mine waste services for Tier 1 mining clients.
We recognise that our people have a life outside of work, and may need support to balance their responsibilities at home or for other interests. GHD is committed to providing flexible working arrangements and ensuring that our employees maintain a suitable balance between work and home.
As a senior member of the Tailings group, you will be responsible for leading and managing small to medium project teams and working within the wider GHD tailings and dams' community. Substantial experience in tailings dams and mine waste engineering is essential, ideally in a consulting environment.
Working on a diverse range of projects and clients, you will:
- Play a key technical and project management role, often in multi-disciplinary teams for planning, feasibility studies; detailed design and construction areas
- Undertake dam safety inspections and risk assessments to satisfy dam safety requirements
- Lead project teams for dam and geotechnical design, including dam foundations, embankment dam stability, hydraulic analysis, water balance, deposition planning and groundwater analysis
- Scope and deliver geotechnical investigations to support tailings projects
- Prepare construction contract documentation
- Provide construction certification and field engineering for tailings storage facility projects
- Contribute to client relationship development, both nationally and internationally using internal and external networks
- Mentor and train other GHD staff
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who We Are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Feb 17, 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: