Quarry Manager - Turner River - Fifo
Holcim Australia & New Zealand
Holcim has been servicing the infrastructure, construction and mining industries for more than 110 years and employs over 3,000 staff across 300 sites.
Part of the world's largest construction materials company, LafargeHolcim, Holcim is leading supplier of concrete, aggregates and precast products.
The aggregates business operates over 70 quarry sites producing hard rock, sand and gravel materials essential for the construction industry.
Why join Holcim?
- Part of the world's largest construction materials company
- Work on one of the region’s most significant projects
- Genuine opportunity for career progression with a demonstrated record of internal promotion
About the role
- Permanent Fulltime FIFO or residential position
- Based in Port Hedland.
- Use of Site Vehicle
Turner River is located within the Pilbara region of Western Australia., supplying aggregates, road base & specialised rock products. This key role will be responsible for all aspects of Quarry Operations.
As a leader of Health, Safety and the Environment on a day to day basis you will also be accountable for budgeting & production targets, customer & community relations, quality compliance, crushing & screening, drill & blast, maintenance, stockpiling, load out & quarry development.
You will lead a multidisciplinary team with the aim of providing an efficient and effective production process in a safety focused environment. The position will be required to work closely with other operations in the business to develop strategies and deliver operational goals for the region.
- A strong culture of safety leadership and a working knowledge of Safety Management Systems, relevant legislation and regulations.
- Experience in a similar quarry management role.
- Practical mobile crushing and screening experience is essential.
- WA Quarry managers certificate of competency.
- Mining Industry Experience
- Quarry Manager certificate of competency
- A thorough understanding of Drill & Blast and Quarry development.
- Strong maintenance background.
- Excellent people management & communication skills.
- Experience in budgeting & managing a P&L.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplined environment to deliver productivity and cost improvements.
- Have strong customer focus and be able to work well with sales and technical teams to deliver key business objectives.
- Understand Chain Of Responsibility requirements.
- Certificate IV and or Diploma in Extractive Industries or relevant tertiary qualifications (Mining, Geology, construction, or similar) is desirable.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: