WHITEHAVEN COAL LIMITED
Maules Creek, NSW
is the dominant player in Australia's only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Mine Surveyor, Technical Services (Maules Creek, NSW)
The purpose of this role is to assist in providing survey control for the mining operations, providing spatial data to the Mine Surveyor for statutory survey requirements and survey information for the development of mine plans.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure timely and accurate survey information is provided to support the mine plan
- Provide survey control for all aspects of mining:
- Complete weekly pit surveys and fortnightly dump survey flights to support mine planning team.
- Maintaining roof and floor of coal pickups to support coal reconciliation process to maximise coal recovery
- Support the end of month survey reconciliation process.
- Drill and Blast survey requirements.
- Maintaining topsoil stockpile register and layers.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualificatio ns, experience and qualities:
- Minimum five years of experience in surveying
- Minimum three years of mining experience in an open cut coal mine.
- Knowledge of the NSW Work Health and Safety Mines Acts and Regulations.
- Experience using Maptek Vulcan and PointStudio, AutoCad and Agisoft Metashape software, Maptek laser scanners and Trimble survey equipment.
- Hold a current RPAS licence
- Experience in completing end of month surveys.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in hazard identification and responsive to safety issues.
- Can do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Well-developed Microsoft office skills.
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary, incentive scheme and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- 8-6 roster available
If you are interested in this position:
Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply; Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all sites are smoke free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: