Experience a connection with us
Our history is a big part of who we are today. Our experience in the exploration, discovery, development, and operation of gold mines has driven our growth globally and delivered competitive shareholder returns. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect. As we expand into new territories, you will find opportunities to grow with us.
Operations near and far
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms
include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days to support our community feel at Telfer.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a motivated and diligent Project Metallurgist to manage improvement projects within the processing plant at our multifaceted Telfer site.
Based out of Perth with occasional site travel to Telfer, this challenging yet rewarding role will see you identify improvement opportunities through the value stream of the ore processing plant and execute them to completion to meet the required business cost and safety outcomes.
Other key deliverables of this role include:
- Analysing impacts to the business of implemented projects
- Develop plant test work plans and analyse data to statistical significance
- Communicating status of improvement projects to various levels of the business including the Senior Leadership Team
- Liaising with key stakeholders such as the Operations, Metallurgical Technicians, Maintenance and Control Systems Engineers
- Uphold and promote Newcrest’s strong safety culture and model our values
- Provide coverage for Plant Metallurgists where required
To succeed in this role, you will be an exceptional team-player with excellent work ethics and passion for continuous improvement. You will have the ability to promote high quality working relationships and drive trust within a team-based culture. You will be respected by your peers for your safety focus and ability to make decisions in dynamic situations.
In addition, you will also ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Mineral Processing
- Previous experience in a similar role within a mineral processing environment; gold processing experience will be highly regarded
- Familiarisation with Pi
- Analytical skills, good attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Please note: This is a permanent full-time residential role based at our Perth office with occasional site travel to Telfer as required.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: