Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess's Mount Arthur South operation is located just out Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley.
About the role
The Mining Supervisor/ OCE will provide effective production and safety leadership to the project production crew ensuring that production targets are met, a safe and healthy workplace for all employees is maintained and community & environmental compliance is adhered to.
Duties include, but not limited to
- Champion for all safety management plans & procedures
- Effectively communicate with other departments
- Leadership and development of crew
- Ensure production targets are met
- Conduct toolbox talks and shift prestart talks
- Conduct statutory inspections of an open cut operation
You are a high achieving and focused OCE with previous experience in a similar role. You are committed to driving a high performing and inclusive team.
- NSW OCE Certificate of Competency
- Experience in leading a high performance team
- Commitment to HSEC
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fluid/dynamic environment
- Ability to work in an adaptive team
- Experience with computer-based data and management tools (e.g. Infomine)
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.