About BHP At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success. About the role
As Supervisor Field Hydrogeologist your primary responsibility will be to lead your team to ensure the safe, efficient, cost effective and high quality acquisition of hydrogeological data to meet conceptual model requirements and deliver value to the business. This diverse range of work will see you positively influence business decisions and will require a focus on delivering value, clear decision-making skills, technical excellence and strong collaboration skills. In this role you will:
- Coordinate the activities for the hydro field team
- Supervise the field activities (drilling/installation/testwork) for hydrogeological drilling and testing programs
- Prepare Drilling and Testing program completion reports
- Undertake safety management of hydro drilling and testing programs including Section 44 accountabilities for contractors
- Collect hydrological data from remote areas along with maintain monitoring instrumentation
- Review production bore and monitoring bore designs to ensure technical objectives are achieved.
- Undertake the QAQC of deliverables - logging/memos/data entry
Location With this role you have the choice of either being residentially based in Newman or fly-in fly-out from Perth to Newman on an 8 days on 6 days off roster. You will be working across WAIO mining and exploration areas. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. About You
You will have a safety attitude that is second to none and thrive on being out in the field leading your team to deliver optimum results. You may have some or all of the following:
- You will have BSc Geology, Post Grad Hydrogeology, ADIA Drilling Training.
- Applied Groundwater experience (drilling and testing).
- You will have substantial field experience, leading field programs and front line personnel.
- The ability to influence and engage stakeholders effectively, strong project execution and collaboration skills.
- Manual 'C' Class Australian Drivers License
Supporting a diverse workforce At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference Number - 99110• Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
- We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.