Adani - Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Environment Compliance Superintendent, this position is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of environmental management standards for mine construction, including transitioning into mine operations.
As the Advisor, you will be required to give specialised and accurate environmental advice, and create a culture of environmental awareness, accountability, vigilance and leadership across the team. A critical component of the role will be working to minimise or eliminate negative impacts of mine construction and operational mining activities on the environment, in line with the relevant legislation and company policies. This is a site based role, working a 14/7 roster.
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining environmental management systems, environmental management plans and procedures to ensure that environmental compliance is maintained on site.
- Management and completion of environmental monitoring and reporting requirements – air, noise, ecological surveys, receiving waters, groundwater, pest species.
- Prepare Annual Environmental Returns and assist with ongoing project approvals.
- Management of contractors and consultants and ensuring conformance with company HSEC Standards.
- Co-ordinate, attend and prepare for internal and external audits or inspections.
- Ensure that plans are in place and implemented in a timely fashion to prevent any delays to productivity and to avoid any environmental non – compliances.
- Contribute to in-house environmental training, development and assessment of personnel
- Assist in incident investigations as appropriate, including the review of incident reports.
- Maintain awareness of existing and developing environmental legislation and company standards.
- Ensure that activities and expenses are approved and accounted for and maintained within allocated budgets.
You must hold tertiary qualifications in environmental science, engineering or equivalent, coupled with a minimum 5 years environmental experience within the coal mining industry.
Previous experience working with water management, erosion sediment control, mine site rehabilitation, land or natural resource management programs and GIS (Arcview) would be highly regarded.
Extensive knowledge of environmental statutory requirements in relation to project planning and delivery is essential. Experience in working with ISO14001 and in environmental management techniques, systems and tools including monitoring, inspections, auditing is highly desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.